Benefits Counseling is available to members planning on retiring soon. A representative from the Benefits Office will come to your Local Union Hall to meet with you (and your spouse, if applicable). During the counseling session, the Benefits Counselor will explain the different benefit options available to you and assist you with the completion of the necessary paperwork, including the Pension Application. You do not have to submit your Pension Application prior to the meeting.
Ohio Laborers Benefits recommends scheduling a Benefits Counseling appointment about 90 days prior to when you’d like to being receiving your pension.
You can call the Pension Department at to schedule your appointment.
Before your appointment, the Benefits Counselor will let you know what documents to bring to the meeting. This may include one or more of the following:
- Your State issued Birth Certificate (Vital Records)
- Spouse’s State issued Birth Certificate (if married)
- Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Divorce Decree (including Separation Agreement if applicable) for any and all previous marriages, including common law marriages
- Death Certificate of previous spouse (if widowed) (Vital Records)
- If you are interested in Social Security Leveling, you will need to bring your Social Security Estimate statement (estimate must be dated within a year of your planned retirement date) – available through your local Social Security Administration office or online by creating a my Social Security account